MHR AIDS in Africa Ministry
Fast Facts about AIDS in Africa
• There are 12,000,000 AIDS orphans in sub-Saharan Africa; by 2010 this number will reach 18,000,000
• 57% of HIV infected adults in sub-Saharan Africa are women; 75% of HIV infected young people are girls
• Average life expectancy on the sub- Saharan continent is around 30 years of age
• Up to 60% of today’s 15-year-olds will not reach their 60th birthday
• In Tanzania alone there are 140,000 children under the age of 14 who are HIV positive or sick with AIDS
• The number of women infected with HIV in Tanzania is 840,000
• 8.8% of the entire Tanzanian population is infected with HIV
• Estimated costs to assure an elementary school education for all African children is estimated at $1 billion
• Primary reason for children in Africa to withdraw from schools are school fees
• A year of elementary schooling in Tanzania costs only $250 ; a year of nursing school only $300
MHR AIDS in Africa Home.
Learn more about us and our mission.
Contact us at AidsinAfrica to learn how you can help, or support this important ministry NOW!!